- SBG Global earns some marks in the ‘reputation’ category because SBG has a long time in the business (since 1996). This is always something we look for and speaks to their credibility.
- SBG has won “Top 10” awards from reputable review sites.
- SBG offers their books to the international community. This speaks to their reputation and their general acceptance as a bona fide sportsbook within the international gambling community.
- When we did some digging, we found that SBG Global has been involved in some controversies but given their performance of late, we can be confident that they have turned themselves around and provide a trustworthy book.
- With no restrictions against Americans, this book is one of the few reputable books available to Americans to wager with.
- For the average casual gambler, SBG is great and has a wide variety to pick from.
- SBG Global offers commercial odds in their sportsbook (-110/-110), so it’s not optimal for daily professional handicappers when compared to other books.
- Arbitrage gambling is not a viable option with SBG.
- SBG Global offers a 30% cash bonus for sign up.
- SBG has a referral program for the friends that sign-up and list you as a referrer.
- SBG offers betting on all sports, horses, and casino.
- SBG Global offers live in-game betting where you can bet every minute of the game. We found this feature unique and interesting.
- SBG offers many sports articles to read across many different games and sports.
- Again, betting limits are about midfield when compared to other books. So if you want to bet huge money, then you might find this site somewhat limiting.
Site Layout 4.6/5:
- The site layout doesn’t seem as polished as most others.
- The site only uses the middle 1/3rd of the page. For 20 years in the game, the website doesn’t have a finished feel.
- Website looks somewhat basic and sometimes cluttered.
- Pages loaded very quickly.
Sign Up Simplicity 4.8/5:
- We filled out a straightforward signup form and were ready to go within about 5 minutes.
- SBG offers Instant reward bonuses with first-time sign-up.
- Accepting only Credit Cards, Neteller, Bank Wires, and Skrill, we found the deposit options perhaps somewhat limited.
Pay Out Simplicity 4/5:
- SBG Global prides themselves in 24 hour turn-around on all withdrawal requests.
- SBG Global has a spotty track record for paying out their bettors. We did find some articles reporting late payment, and cancellation of accounts. That said, there has been nothing outstanding in the last few years.
Customer Service 5/5:
- SBG offers a live-chat help service along with email, and telephone.
- SBG also has an accessible help-ticket log that allowed us to track and access all of our previous tickets.
- SBG Global offers mobile betting to take with you anywhere you go at your convenience.
Overall Impression 4.8/5:
SBG’s reputation makes them a good book. Anywhere your money is safe and accessible, is a good place to book with. Their site could use an upgrade in terms of eye-candy. We found it fairly plain. The high vigor was a bit of a turn-off for those of us that bet strictly sports, everyday.
- Great book for the average bettor. With their variety, they offer at least as much as the next guy, but they have the longstanding service to validate themselves as a completely viable book and a good choice. This puts them heads and shoulders above most others.
Total Score: 47.0/50